If you live in Europe, you’re probably familiar with Spotify, the Web-based music streaming program that lets you easily listen to your favorite tracks.
Yesterday, Gustav Söderström (former product director and business development director at Yahoo Mobile) announced on his blog that Spotify will be available for mobile phones.
Led by Gustav Söderström, the work on Spotify Mobile will start in February, but for the moment there’s no word on when the service should become available.
There’s also no word on exactly what Spotify can bring for music-addict mobile users, but I guess we’ll find out pretty soon.
What’s almost clear is that, since Spotify Mobile will have a former Yahoo exec as its coordinator, we can expect it to be (at least) a good service.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 3 UK-Spotify deal confirmed; HTC Hero to get Spotify before Christmas
- Spotify integrated into SE Xperia X10′s Mediascape and Timescape
- Spotify for Symbian available for download
- Spotify phones to come from Telia; the UK might get them too
- 3 / INQ owner invests in Spotify