Remember that LG KM900 that we unveiled about two weeks ago?
Well, since there was no image available with it, I’ve made a mockup to give you an idea on what the phone might look like (I simply took the KM500 model and blessed it with a bigger display).
Right now, there’s still no real image with the phone in question, thus my mockup is its only representation.
So imagine my surprise when Chris Ziegler from Engadget sends an email saying that some online retailer took that KM900 mockup, removed the watermark and presented the handset as the real KM900 for T-Mobile UK.
The retailer is Beepy.co.uk, and it even takes pre-orders for the KM900. I don’t know how they can do that, since for the moment there’s nothing official regarding the device.
The whole matter is somewhat funny. But if you think about it a bit more, it’s also kind of sad, since said retailer basically tries to fool customers with a picture that doesn’t represent a real device:
I’m not sure what else to say now. Save for the fact that I hope no one actually thought my KM900 mockup is a picture with the real, yet-to-come handset.
[Once again – thanks, Chris]
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Another LG Windows Phone 7 Series handset leaked?
- Microsoft: something involving HTC HD2 and Windows Phone 7 may be announced soon
- Huawei Android smartphone to be showcased at MWC 2009
- Sony Ericsson Hikaru to bring an 8 MP camera, 8GB of memory; Sony Ericsson Twiggy in the works too
- Nokia N920, keyboardless, big screen N900 successor shows up (update: photoshopped)