Available until now only for Nokia’s N810 Internet Tablet, Mozilla Firefox Mobile (known under the codename Fennec) might be released pretty soon for Windows Mobile too.
The Mozilla Wiki webpage says that the company is “targeting a Milestone release for the first week of February, targeting the HTC Touch Pro.”
As you can see, not all WM handsets out there will be able to run Fennec starting February.
Even so, this is a good start for the mobile Firefox browser, and I guess it won’t be long until we get to see a full Windows Mobile version of it.
Mozilla developers are probably working at this very moment for the Windows Mobile Fennec, so let’s wait for February and see what it will be like.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Mozilla officially launches Firefox Mobile for Maemo
- Mozilla Fennec to sync tabs between desktop and mobile browsers
- Mozilla Fennec 1.0 Beta 1 for Maemo released
- Firefox Mobile (Fennec) to use Google Location Services
- Mozilla puts Firefox development for Windows Mobile and Windows Phone 7 on hold