Orange has just announced that it will become the first UK mobile operator to offer Pay As You Go BlackBerry Internet services.
Starting early February, the carrier will launch an indigo version of BlackBerry Pearl 8120 on PAYG.
The smartphone costs £145 ($207) and it’s an Orange-exclusive handset – at least in the UK. And, for only £5 per month, it will allow users to access email and browse the Web while on the go.
No word yet of there will be other BlackBerry smartphones to be offered on PAYG. But since the 8120 isn’t exactly the newest RIM-made device in town (think about the Flip 8220 or the Curve 8900), Orange might add other models too to the PAYG line-up.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Pearl 3G, Bold 9700 and Curve 8520 now on Pay & Go at O2 UK
- Google Mobile App for BlackBerry updated with email and contacts search
- Samsung Libre C3300 (Champ) and Orange Amsterdam launched in the UK: £49 on PAYG
- Orange-branded “Project JAL” to be a new budget-friendly Android phone
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 is now on Three UK. The Curve 3G 9300 is Three’s first PAYG BlackBerry