Sony Ericsson has just released the S001 in Japan, a new Cyber-shot slider that looks to be a dream come true for any SE fan and even for any user who’s into camera phones.
Coming in a slider form factor, Sony Ericsson S001 has a big 3.3 inch OLED display with 480 x 854 pixels, and an 8.1 MP camera with autofocus, flash, smile shutter and protective lens cover. Well, what can I say, a high-res display + a high-end camera = perfect.
The new phone also features mobile TV capabilities, GSM and WCDMA connectivity, GPS, Bluetooth and so on.
Sony Ericsson S001 is exclusively sold by KDDI Au in Japan, in three color versions: black, pink and green with gold.
Now the question for Sony Ericsson is: why can’t you launch a handset like the S001 in Europe and the US too? It would almost certainly be a huge success.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson C903 Frances unveiled – MWC 2009 should make it official
- Sony Ericsson K770 3.2 mpx Cyber-Shot phone launched
- Sony Ericsson 2009 line-up: Yue, Frances, Athena and Filippa included
- Sony Ericsson to focus on Cyber-shot phones in the US – C905 confirmed
- Sony Ericsson C905 Cyber-shot caught in the wild again and spec’d