The fact that a G2 exists is kind of confirmed, thanks to those hands-on pics leaked not long ago. But that doesn’t necessarily mean T-Mobile will release any new G-phone sometime soon, is it?
Well, it actually does mean that – at least now, after some of T-Mobile USA’s plans for 2009 were unveiled by a Fierce Wireless interview.
Talking about upcoming products, Neville Ray, T-Mobile’s senior vice president of engineering and operations, declared:
“As the year progresses there will be a significant number of HSPA-capable smart phones. We will be launching more G series phones and other products.”
So there you have it, almost an official confirmation that at least a G2 will be released this year. We’ll see soon when and how this happens.
In the same above-mentioned interview, it’s said that T-Mo USA will double its 3G reach by the end of 2009. And that can only bring joy to its subscribers, right?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- TiVo launches mobile web site
- AT&T to roll out LTE to 5 cities this summer
- Nokia E90 Communicator launch this week, entirely new type of mobile next year
- T-Mobile USA’s second Android phone to come this month, possibly not from HTC
- NTT DoCoMo has 10 million mobile payment customers