Motorola i9, a handset that we’ve seen several times before, has finally gone official, under the full name of Motorola Stature i9.
Touted as the thinnest iDEN flip phone (15 mm), the i9 will be available via Boost Mobile by the end of February, with Sprint getting it shortly after that.
Boost Mobile will sell the Motorola Stature i9 for $299 free of contract, while Sprint’s 2-yr contract price is of $199.99.
The i9 is not only the thinnest iDEN handset, but it’s also among the ones which have the most advanced features. Here’s what the phone comes with:
- A 2.2 inch TFT internal display with 240 x 320 pixels
- A 2.0 inch TFT external display with 240 x 320 pixels
- External illuminated keys with ModeShift technology
- Built-in GPS
- Openwave 7.2 browser
- Next Mail
- Bluetooth 2.0
- Music player
- A 3.1 camera with autofocus and flash
- MicroSD card support, up to 8GB
If you’re interested in Sprint’s offering, you can pre-register for the i9 at the carrier’s official website.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola i890 iDEN clamshell now available at Sprint
- Motorola Quantico and Debut i856w announced
- Motorola i776 released on Sprint and Boost Mobile
- Motorola i856 iDEN phone leaked; should be released in Q3 2009
- Motorola i9 Ferrari launched by Nextel Brazil