Samsung Omnia 16GB, Samsung Android Phone and more leaks
Well, it looks that today is Samsung leak day.
Just few hours ago we reported that there’s a new Samsung 12 megapixel handset and probably 8 mpx handset with 3x optical zoom coming out at MWC 2009 in Barcelona.
Now the Dutch site GSM Helpdesk, which has been spot on many previous Samsung leaks confirms it. And adds some more info info about these new handsets.
The 8 mpx/Zoom one will be a direct successor of Innov8 and will probably run on Symbian S60 OS. The 12 mpx Samsung phone will be a feature phone that will run on Samsung’s own OS.
GSM HelpDesk also says that within next two weeks (that’s right inline with the start of MWC 09) Samsung will announce it’s first Android phone. Though no other details are available for now.
And then we have Windows Mobile Italy blog, which brings us info on an update to a heavily promoted Samsung Omnia handset, in the form of Samsung Omnia 16GB version:
Other Samsung Omnia 16GB specs include:
- Quad-band GSM / GPRS / EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), Single-band UMTS / HSDPA (2100 MHz – HSDPA up to 7.2 Mbps) connectivity
- Graphics chip with 3D acceleration and support for Direct 3D
- Marvell PXA312 624 MHz CPU
- 256 MB of ROM
- 128 MB of RAM
- 3.2” WQVGA (240 x 400 px, 262,144 color)touchscreen display,
- Samsung TouchWiz GUI
- 5 mpx camera with Flash and Auto-Focus
- Secondary QCIF front camera for video calls
- Built-in GPS sensor
- FM Radio with RDS
- Wi-Fi 802.11b / g
- Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
- MicroSDHC memry card slot (up to 32GB)
- 1440 mAh Li-ion battery
- Dimensions 112 x 56.9 x 12.5 mm
- Weight: 122 grams
.Stay tuned for more details as they emerge