Samsung was the first manufacturer to release an 8MP camera phone (the Innov8, outed one month before Sony Ericsson’s C905), and it looks like it will also be the first to announce and launch a 12MP handset.
Details about the phone are basically inexistent, but it’s said that Samsung plans to begin mass production before the end of February, with the intention of releasing it in Europe first.
(this above is the Innov8, slightly photoshopped)
It will be interesting to see if the handset has a touchscreen or a regular display, as well as if it’s a smartphone or just a “dumb phone”.
Previous reports said that Samsung also wants to produce an 8MP phone with 3x optical zoom. So we might see that at MWC 2009 too, alongside the 12MP handset.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung i8510 INNOV8′s camera reviewed at Mobile Review
- Samsung Innov8 with AT&T 3G support approved by the FCC
- Samsung INNOV8 (a.k.a. 8510) announced, gets release date
- New 8MP Samsung phone appears in Korea
- Samsung to cut phone production in Korea