Shortly after officially confirming the upcoming release of Helio Ocean 2, Virgin Mobile USA has now unveiled the handset’s launch date, price and features.
Although it comes with a similar dual-sliding design, the Ocean 2 is slimmer than the first generation Ocean – which was outed about two years ago, when Helio was still an independent MVNO.
Thanks to its full QWERTY keyboard, as well as its smooth design, the Ocean 2 will probably lure many young mobile users (its launch during Britney Spears’ Circus tour should take care of that).
Here’s a rundown over the handset’s specs and features:
- 2.6 inch TFT display with 240 x 320 pixels
- 3G connectivity
- GPS with Google Maps
- Easy access to Facebook, MySpace, YouTube and Flickr
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Media player with background mode playback
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Opera Mini
- Mail for Microsoft Exchange
- File Viewer with document editing capabilities
- 3D gaming
- 2MP camera with location tagging and video recording
- 512MB MicroSD card included in the package
Helio Ocean 2 is offered by Virgin Mobile for $149. Customers will be able to buy it starting February 12. Initially, only a red version will be available, but a full-black one is in the works too, and it should be launched sometime later his year.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Helio Ocean 2 to be launched this quarter
- Hopes still alive for Helio Ocean 2, now as Umbrella
- Virgin Mobile USA to offer Opera Mini on select phones
- Pantech OZII for Helio revealed by FCC
- Helio Ocean2 pops up on FCC site as OZ2