Acer is still probably keeping most of it’s newly developed “…exciting range of easy to use devices Smart Handheld devices…” under wraps, in the hope that nothing will leak and ruin the surprise on Feb 16th.
But some things are starting to leak out already, even if it’s only E-Ten Glofiish handsets, only with some color tweaks and under the Acer brand.
All other things remain unchanged in Acer DX900, including dual SIM capability, 2.8” VGA touchscreen, GPS, Wi-Fi, 3 mpx camera and Windows Mobile 6.1 OS.
This move by Acer, who acquired E-Ten last year, is pretty easy to understand. Contrary to the Acer brand, E-Ten and Glofiish brands are virtually unknown in most parts of the world. So just slapping a new Acer label on it and putting DX900 into Acer’s distribution channels might spur some sales of this pretty well specc’ed out smartphone.
Let’s just hope that this is not the device that Acer is planning to awe us with on Feb. 16th in Barcelona.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer getting back into smartphone biz on Feb. 16th with MWC 2009 announcement
- E-Ten Glofiish DX900 Hellen to launch at Computex in June
- More E-Ten Glofiish V900 Pics& Specs
- Acer to release it’s first smartphone
- 7-inch Acer Iconia B1 now official with $149.99 price tag, low-end specs