Dubbed Samsung Mobile Applications, the store will be focused on the UK mobile market for the beginning, containing both freeware and commercial software.
About 1,100 apps will be initially available, all of them being for Symbian S60 or for Windows Mobile. Later in 2009, Samsung Mobile Applications will be updated to include apps for other platforms too.
If you’re a Samsung Mobile Innovator member, you can start uploading your apps right away, via the Mobile Applications website. A cool thing (for developers) is that there are no costs associated with showcasing and distributing their software.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Symbian Horizon will publish your applications for free
- Samsung Innovation Quest 2009 debuts, asks you to develop widgets for the Omnia HD
- Nokia to launch its own app store/portal at MWC 09
- Sony Ericsson offering mobile apps through PlayNow arena
- Vodafone opens 360 app development via JIL