The recently announced Toshiba TG01 has stunned the world not only with its 4.1 inch WVGA display and that ultra-thin design, but also with its Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset, which provides 1GHz of CPU power.
Now it looks like HTC will be the next manufacturers to release Snapdragon based handsets.
According to DigiTimes, the Taiwanese company plans to launch several Snapdragon devices during Q2 2009.
Unfortunately, there’s little info about this at the moment, so we can’t tell if the upcoming handsets will run on Windows Mobile or on Android – HTC’s only options when it comes to operating systems.
What’s clear, though, is that said handsets will be of high interest for all those in search of powerful mobile solutions, which can be offered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon platform.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC LTE devices confirmed for next year, should run Android and Windows Phone 7
- Google Search Options now available for mobile
- Windows Mobile 6.5 handsets to hit the market starting this summer
- HTC Mega and Click coming in a few months for about $300 each
- HTC HD2 and Touch2 coming to T-Mobile Europe