It seems that nobody in the wireless industry is safe from the negative effects of the economy.
HTC, aka High Tech Computer, posted revenues for January that were 17% down from January 2008, and 27% down from December. The decrease in revenue from December is not surprising, considering the holiday season; however the year over year decrease is not a welcome figure.
It’s not all bad news, however. HTC has announced it expects to lick its wounds and get back on its feet again by posting a double-digit growth in 2009; it should pick up as early as Q2, when new products are intoduced, HTC says.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dell Venue Pro is now available for $99.99, will ship on December 9
- HTC beats sales estimates in March, too
- Nokia Lumia 710 may be out in the UK on January 6
- Apple’s iPhone coming to all major US carriers (Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile) this year?
- Apple to buy $11B worth of parts from Samsung in 2012. Up from $7.8B last year