Nokia Maps 3.0 Beta, first outed at the beginning of December 2008, has just received an important update.
And although this doesn’t change the number version (it’s still 3.0 Beta), it brings many improvements, as well as synchronization with Ovi Maps.
The list of the devices supporting Nokia Maps is now larger than ever, including both S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 smartphones (like E71, E66, 6110 Navigator, N82, N95 and N95 8GB) and S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 ones (i.e. N96, N79, N78, N85, 6650, 6210 Navigator and 6220 Classic).
So, the novelties brought by the update are as follows:
- The start-up sequence shows your current position (as soon as it’s found). In case your current position is not found, you will be taken to the last known position in just seconds
- Map rotation – allowing you to view 3D landmarks from any direction
- 2D/3D mode now works with all maps modes (Map, Satellite or Terrain)
- When using 3D view mode, the view can be tilted by pressing the 2 and 8 keys
- My Places has a “Point me to” option for saved places and landmark – it shows the directions to that place/landmark
- The History list has been moved higher in menu
- My Favourites menu is “cleaned up”
- Many bug fixes
For downloading the latest Nokia Maps software, just hit this link.
Via Nokia Beta Labs
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Maps 3.0 beta available for download
- Nokia Ovi Maps 3.0 out of beta; Ovi Contacts now supporting touch phones
- Nokia enables free navigation on the E71 and E66
- iPhone 2.2 buried features: Google Maps Street View and keyboard auto-correction switch
- Nokia Here and Now S60 app out of beta