Coming as Sony Ericsson’s new Walkman flagship phone, Hikaru is a slider that looks quite nice, although it has nothing out of the ordinary (and it’s really far from the mockup we made in October).
If the image seen below does indeed represent the SE Hikaru (and the SEMC Blog says it does), then what we have here is a phone which resembles the W910.
Anyway, when it comes to features, Hikaru is far superior to the W910, offering:
- A 2.6 inch display
- An 8MP camera
- Walkman player 4.0
- A 3.5mm headset jack
- Stereo speakers
- Dedicated music keys (on its right side)
- And 8GB of internal memory
It’s said that Sony Ericsson Hikaru will be on sale before the end of Q2 2009.
If we’re to think about the new SE naming convention, Hikaru might be officially dubbed Sony Ericsson W923 (since it’s a slider and it comes as an upgraded W910).
Regardless of its final name, we’ll bring more info about the new Walkman phone from MWC 2009, where SE is set to officially launch it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Hikaru to bring an 8 MP camera, 8GB of memory; Sony Ericsson Twiggy in the works too
- Sony Ericsson W910i Walkman Slider approved by FCC. No 3G for U.S., only EDGE and Bluetooth
- Sony Ericsson S500 Nature Styled Slider
- Sony Ericsson W995a approved by the FCC
- Sony Ericsson W999i Walkman Slider Almost Official?