Although Nokia 5800 XpressMusic is already available in the US, it’s only the European version that can be bought – for $349.99. This means you are forced to use it only on the GSM/EDGE bands, since European 3G frequencies are incompatible with the US ones.
However, it looks like a North American version of the XpressMusic handset is on its way too.
The suggested retail price of the US 3G-rocking 5800 is said to be of $399, so you’ll have to pay $50 more than for the European version.
If it’s worth it or not, it’s up to you to decide.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia 5800 XpressMusic officially outed in the US
- Nokia 5800 XpressMusic available at U.S. flagship stores for $350
- Nokia 5730, 5330 and 5030 XpressMusic/ Radio to be announced today at Nokia Music event
- Nokia 5530 XM to hit the UK on August 11, only £130 on PAYG
- Nokia 5800 XpressMusic to hit the UK on January 23