Why it looks like today is a good day for officially announcing phones. After Nokia’s 5630 XpressMusic, here comes Sony Ericsson with not one, not two, but three new handsets: Sony Ericsson C903, Sony Ericsson C901 and Sony Ericsson W395.
For the moment, we’re gonna take a look at the two Cyber-shots, the C903 and C901.
Both phones are equipped with 5MP autofocus cameras, but the C903 has a dual-LED flash, while the C901 comes with a Xenon flash.
Sony Ericsson C903 (codenamed Frances) is a slider that looks quite stylish and, apart from that mid-end camera, offers lots of other nice features.
- Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE connectivity (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz)
- Dual-band UMTS/HSPA connectivity (900 / 2100 MHz); or tri-band UMTS/HSPA (850 / 1900 / 2100 MHz) for the C903a version
- A 2.4 inch QVGA display
- NetFront Web browser
- Stereo Bluetooth
- 105MB of internal memory
The C903 will be released sometime in the second quarter of the year, in three color versions: Glamour Red, Lacquer Black and Techno White.
Sony Ericsson C901 (codenamed Filippa) is a candybar that measures 13mm in thickness. Apparently, it’s targeted for emerging markets, although its features are somewhat similar to the ones of C903 – only A-GPS and TV-out missing.
The C901 will be available in the second quarter of 2009, in the following color versions: Noble Black, Precious Peach and Sincere Silver.
The retail prices of C903 and C901 are not known for the moment, but maybe we’ll find them out at MWC 2009, where the handsets will most probably be showcased.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson C901 and W395 – the official names of Filippa and Yao
- Sony Ericsson Susan and Sunny to be rugged, waterproof phones
- 12MP Sony Ericsson Idou unveiled; Sony Ericsson W995 Hikaru announced too
- Sony Ericsson Faith, the first WM 6.5 Green Heart phone
- Sony Ericsson S001 for Japan is everything you’d want from a Cyber-shot phone