After CES 2009 we hear the term “watchphone” and immediately think of a certain wristwatch phone, but this particular watchphone is a little different.
In fact, many of you may recall Canada luxury phone maker Mobiado releasing the Professional 105GMT Gold Luxury Watchphone just a couple months ago, complete with 24-carat gold coating — and now we have news of the second in the Luxury Watchphone Series, the 105GMT White.
Rather than being a wristwatch with a built-in phone, the 105GMT White is a phone with 2 built-in mechanical watches on the bottom of the phone — and the phone won’t actually fit on your wrist.
Whereas the 105GMT emphasized 24-carat gold materials, the White emphasizes sapphire Crystal. The front and back of the White are made of sapphire crystal; the buttons of the White are made of sapphire crystal as well, which makes the front surface made entirely of the same material. Even under the removable sapphire battery cover, the movements are protected by a second sapphire plate. This gives the 105GMT White a total of 274 Carats of sapphire crystal in all.
Here’s what the 105GMT White has packed under the hood:
- Quad-band GSM/EDGE and WCDMA 850/2100
- 1 GB internal memory
- 2 MP Camera with video capture
- 2″ display with 16 million colors
- Music player supports MP3, AAC, and eAAC+ formats
We haven’t heard any announcements on pricing or availability yet.
So, any takers?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Mobiado Classic 712GCB luxury phone announced
- Mobiado Professional 105GMT Gold: a mechanical watch mobile phone
- Mobiado Professional 105GCB Rose announced
- New TAG Heuer Meridiist luxury phones announced
- Mobiado Grand Line collection debuts with the QWERTY-equipped Grand 350PRL