Samsung’s Blue Earth solar-powered phone maybe among most beautiful eco-friendly gadgets at MWC Barcelona, but it’s main Korean rival – LG’s – isn’t standing still with it’s own environmental initiatives.
They’ve got their own solar powered phone and will present it during Mobile world Congress too.
LG’s solar powered handset is not such an ambitious undertaking as Samsung’s (with it’s own UI, recycled materials in a phone, etc;). But LG still promises to use green packaging for this handset and also print it’s user manuals with soy ink on recycled paper.
LG’s eco friendly phone has a solar panel on it’s battery cover and gives you 3 minutes of talk time for every 10 minutes it is exposed to the sunlight.
LG plans to commercialize it’s handset this year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T Gets Greener With New Accessory Packaging, Handset Standards
- Cheap Samsung E1107 Crest Solar phone announced
- High-end SOLAR HYBRID SH-08A phone from NTT DoCoMo
- Sharp solar-powered phone (SH6230C) coming to China, other global markets
- #CTIA 2010: LG Remarq Hands-On (Video)