A North American version of the brand new HTC Touch Cruise (also known as HTC Touch Cruise with Footprints or HTC Touch Cruise 09) was recently approved by the FCC, meaning that we might see it soon on sale in the US.
The NAM Touch Cruise comes with quad-band GSM connectivity (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz) and dual-band HSDPA connectivity (850 / 1900 MHz). This makes it suitable for a release via AT&T – but, of course, it doesn’t mean the carrier will actually want to bring the handset into its family of products.
According to its user manual, the Touch Cruise is sold together with a 1GB microSD card that includes “map content for bundled GPS software”, which is, obviously, a good thing.
As for the rest of Cruise’s specs and features, you can view them here.
The smartphone’s European version (with 900 / 2100 HSDPA) will be available for purchase starting this spring, at a price that was not announced yet.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Touch Find, rounded version of HTC Cruise
- HTC Touch Cruise with Footprints officially announced
- HTC Touch Cruise GPS PDA/Phone gets official
- GPS equipped HTC Touch Cruise (Polaris) revealed
- HTC Touch Cruise now upgradeable to Windows Mobile 6.1