Both of them will be showcased at MWC 2009 by the South Korean company, but it looks like their official names are not the ones we know.
PhoneArena has it that Samsung Acme i8910 will be announced as Samsung Omnia HD, while the M7600 as Samsung Beat DJ.
The HD in “Omnia HD” most probably comes from the handset’s capability to record / playback video in HD resolution (1280 x 720 pixels).
As for the DJ in “Beat DJ”, that’s obviously a reference to the phone’s music-related features, like the ability to DJ (scratching and adding effects included) and the Bang & Olufsen technology.
We’ll bring more about Samsung’s new handsets directly from MWC, so stick around, as the show is about to debut in less than 48 hours.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Leaks Continue: M7600 Revealed
- Samsung Beat DJ preview video
- Samsung Acme i8910 runs on Symbian S60 5th Edition, records HD at 720p, dies within 40 mins
- Samsung Omnia Pro B7330 now official; all Omnia phones to get WM 6.5
- Samsung Omnia Pro B7330 pictures and specs leaked