There’s also Acer, for example, the Taiwanese computer maker which has just unveiled four of its new smartphones: Acer M900, Acer F900, Acer X960, and Acer DX900. All of them run on Windows Mobile 6.1 and are part of Acer’s Tempo series of handsets.
Let’s start off with Acer Tempo M900, which seems to be the company’s flagship model.
Built “for all your communications on the go”, the M900 has a full sliding QWERTY keyboard, a large touchscreen display and several other nice features.
The smartphone’s full list of specs includes:
- Quad-band GSM connectivity (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Tri-band HSDPA/HSUPA connectivity (850/1900/2100 Mhz)
- 3.8 inch TFT touchscreen display with 800 x 480 pixels
- Acer Shell 2.0 UI
- G-sensor (i.e. accelerometer)
- Fingerprint sensor
- 5MP autofocus camera with flash
- 533 MHz Samsung S3C 6410 processor
- 128 MB SDRAM, 256 MB flash memory
- microSD card slot
- Talk time: up to 5 hours
- Stand by time: up to 160 hours
- 119 x 62 x 17.1 mm
- 188 grams
Next on the list is Acer Tempo F900. The F900 doesn’t have a keyboard at all, thus it’s slimmer than the M900 (117.5 x 63.5 x 12.85 mm).
The features of Acer F900 are similar to the ones of M900, save for the fact that it has a 3MP camera instead of a 5MP one.
Acer Tempo X960 (previously spotted in some leaked live images) also comes with quad band GSM and tri-band HSDPA connectivity.
However, its display is only a 2.8 inch VGA (640 x 480) one. Other than that, the handset has a 3.2MP camera, GPS and Wi-Fi.
And finally, Acer Tempo DX900 is that re-branded Glofiish DX900 we saw not long ago.
Its main attraction is the dual-SIM capability: SIM 1 works on quad-band GSM and tri-band HSDPA frequencies, while SIM 2 is for the 900/1800/1900 MHz GSM bands only. Plus, the handset also has a VGA touchscreen display, GPS, Wi-Fi and a 3.2 MP camera.
Acer didn’t say when its new smartphones will be on sale, but this should probably happen starting the next few months.
Source: Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer F1 coming on October 6 for under $500?
- HTC Snap coming to the UK this week, £289.99 unlocked
- Pharos Traveler 117 approved by FCC
- Dual-faced Acer DX650 and Acer X960 spotted
- Palm Treo Pro available via O2 UK