LG Arena KM900 phone may be the most promoted LG device at MWC 09 Barcelona, but it is not the only LG phone with the same design philosopy and “S-class” 3D user interface.
Quietly tucked in one corner of LG stand I found LG Arena’s younger brother – LG GM730 Windows Mobile smartphone.
LG KM730 features the same “S-Class 3D UI” that LG Arena has, and it is built on top of Windows Mobile 6.1 OS.
LG GM730 specifications include:
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS 900/2100, HSDPA 7.2, HSUPA 2.0 connectivity
- 3″ 400×240 WQVGA 262K color TFT touchscreen display
- 5 megapixel camera
- Built-in GPS
- GUI Acceleration
- micro USB
LG did not have the working GM730 model at the show, opting for phones with playing preinstalled movies featuring various interface details.
LG plans to launch the GM730 smartphone in May this year. At first it will be running on Windows Mobile 6.1, but from this fall GM730 will come with WM 6.5.
LG hasn’t decided yet how to upgrade the OSes for early customers.
Here are some pictures of how LG KM730 will look like:
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG launches 3D S-Class website, offers Arena phones as prizes
- LG Arena KM900 UI has multi-touch, dedicated multimedia chip, took 100 man years to develop
- LG Arena KM900 officially official
- More LG Arena KM900 dribble out
- LG Arena KM900 multimedia touchscreen phone pics and specs leak