Earlier today, Nokia N86 was leaked by the Finnish company itself, and I was wondering if the smartphone (the very first Nokia to come with an 8 Megapixel camera) would be showcased at MWC 2009.
Well, no, it looks like it won’t be.
However, Nokia did present the handset – not in Barcelona, but in Singapore, during an event called Showcase Nokia 2009. And, yes, it’s all confirmed: the N86 does have an 8MP camera with autofocus and Carl Zeiss lens (aperture f/2.4).
Even more, the camera comes with a 3rd generation dual-LED flash, a mechanical shutter and the ability to record VGA videos at 30 fps.
Here are some live images with Nokia N86, courtesy of Lester Chan (meanwhile, the pics have been removed from his website):
There’s also a YouTube video with the handset in action:
The known specs and features of Nokia N86 include:
- 2.6 inch AMOLED non-touchscreen, scratch-resistant display with (only) 240 x 320 pixels
- Symbian S60 3rd Edition, FP2
- Quad bands GSM/EDGE connectivity (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Tri band HSDPA connectivity (850/1900/2100 MHz or 900/1900/2100 MHz)
- GPS and A-GPS
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- FM transmitter
- TV out
- 8GB of internal memory
- MicroSD card slot
Starting the second quarter of 2009, Nokia N86 should be available for sale, in at least two color versions: black and white. No pricing details for the moment, but we’ll unveil them as soon as they emerge.
Via The Nokia Blog
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia 5800 XpressMusic launched by Rogers in Canada
- Nokia E72, 5530 XpressMusic and 3710 fold officially announced
- Nokia 5530 XM to hit the UK on August 11, only £130 on PAYG
- Nokia N86 8MP now official; ships in the second quarter for 375 Euros
- Nokia 5530 XpressMusic available in the UK, free on select plans