Nokia N86 8MP now official; ships in the second quarter for 375 Euros
Its full name is Nokia N86 8MP and, as we’ve already told you, it’s an Nseries smartphone that comes with a dual-slider design, resembling the already-available N85.
Of course, the main attraction of N86 is its photo camera. Those 8 Megapixels rely on wide-angle Carl Zeiss Tessar lens that allow users to take panoramic pictures / sharp photos, even in low-light conditions.
The camera also has a dual-LED flash and a fast mechanical shutter, which should make images less blurry.
Furthermore, you can geotag photos and record video in VGA mode at 30 fps.
The official specs and features of Nokia N86 8MP include:
- Quad bands GSM/EDGE connectivity (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Tri band HSDPA connectivity (850/1900/2100 MHz or 900/1900/2100 MHz)
- 2.6 inch AMOLED non-touchscreen, scratch-resistant display with 240 x 320 pixels and 16 million colors
- Symbian S60 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 2
- GPS, A-GPS
- Built-in compass
- HTML browser
- Full Ovi integration
- Dedicated music / N-Gage keys
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP
- FM Radio with RDS
- FM transmitter
- Stereo speakers
- TV out
- Full PC sync
- 8GB of internal memory
- MicroSD card support, up to 16GB
- Talk time: up to 6.3 hours
- Stand-by time: up to 312 hours
- Music playback: up to 25 hours
- Gaming: up to 7 hours
- 103.4 x 51.4 x 16.5 mm
- 149 grams
Nokia N86 8MP will be available starting the second quarter of 2009. Its price? 375 Euros ($473), before taxes and subsidies – not that much for an 8MP smartphone. Or is it?
Via Press release (Nokia’s press section seems to be down for the moment).