Apart from unveiling the N86 8MP, Nokia has also announced today, at MWC 2009, a partnership with Skype.
Obviously, this means that a range of Nokia handsets will come, from now on, with Skype software on-board.
The first Nokia device to incorporate Skype will be the N97 Nseries flagship, starting the third quarter of 2009.
After that, other (unnamed) Nseries smartphones will have Skype pre-installed too.
“With more than 400 million Skype users worldwide, the integration of Skype on Nokia Nseries mobile computers is a significant step in bringing converged Internet experiences from the desktop to the world’s most advanced mobile computer,” declared Jose-Luis Martinez, Vice President at Nokia Nseries.
Leveraging on N97’s Wi-Fi and HSDPA connectivity, users will be able to make/receive Skype-to-Skype voice calls with ease, as well as to make mobile and landline Skype calls at low costs.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia offers Skype for Symbian via Ovi Store
- 3 UK to launch the Nokia N97, free Skype calling included
- Skype for Android and Java now available
- Verizon will bring Skype to non-smartphone users this year
- Skype app for Nokia Belle (Symbian) available for download