Apart from unveiling the world’s toughest Windows Mobile 6.1 smartphone (the 810-F), i-mate has also announced two smartphones which will be launched with Windows Mobile 6.5 on-board: i-mate Legionnaire and i-mate Centurion.
The Legionnaire is a full-touchscreen handset that’s scheduled for a Q3 2009 release, together with a UMPC called i-mate Warrior. Apparently, the Legionnaire would fit into the Warrior, act as its touchpad and send info to its large XVGA display.
i-mate Legionnaire will have a retail price of $500, while the Warrior UMPC should come for less – only $199.
i-mate Centurion (picured below) doesn’t have a touchscreen display, but it’s very small (almost like a credit card) and comes with a full QWERTY keyboard.
The Centurion features HSDPA connectivity, internal GPS, Bluetooth and a 2MP camera. It should be available in the second half of 2009, for a retail price of $550.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- i-mate 810-f, Centurion and Legionnaire/ Warrior. An impressive comeback
- Facebook for Windows Mobile officially launched
- i-mate 810-F – the toughest Windows Mobile 6.1 smartphone ever
- i-mate to present “revolutionary” handset at MWC 2009, possibly with Windows Mobile 6.5
- Two Inventec UMPCs – 7-A and 5-D get IF Design Award