Toshiba’s first venture into the smartphone biz last year wasn’t too successful.
But things may be different for Toshiba this year.
Their new Toshiba TG01 smartphone with a huge 4.1” 480 x 800 px touchscreen and 1GHz CPU was among the most impressive, if not THE most impressive handset launched at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this year.
Right now Toshiba TG01 runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 and will have WM 6.5 later, but you actually don’t have to know that.
Toshiba has created it’s own touch optimized user interface, which should work pretty well once all the bugs are ironed out by this summer.
I’ve played quite a lot with TG01 at MWC and could talk a lot about its UI and features, but I think it would be best to show all of this to you live. Here’s a quite extensive video overview of Toshiba TG01 smartphone:
And, if you want more, be sure to check these live pics:
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- #MWC10: Toshiba TG02 and K01 with Windows Mobile 6.5 unveiled
- Telefónica and NTT DoCoMo announce the Toshiba TG01, service & software collaborations
- Toshiba Portege smartphone roadmap for 2008 turns up
- What the heck is Toshiba TM5 – E01?
- Toshiba K01, K02 and L01 showcased in Japan