Although a GSM Palm Pre was showcased during MWC 2009, a release date for it was not given.
Well, we still don’t know when the smartphone’s GSM version will be launched, but we can tell you that Palm has added it to its European websites.
So now the Sunnyvale-based manufacturer presents the Pre as coming soon in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. No pricing details yet, but you should know that, in the US, Sprint is said to offer the Pre for $149 or $199 when bought with a 2-yr contract agreement.
(It looks like Palm forgot to paint GSM/HSDPA instead of EV-DO above the handset’s display)
Most probably, the Palm Pre will be available across Europe starting this spring. Until then, visit Palm’s regional websites in the UK, France, Germany, Italy or Spain – and you can subscribe for notifications regarding the smartphone’s release.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Palm Pre to debut in Spain on October 14 through Movistar
- Windows Phone 7: HTC 7 Trophy, HTC 7 Mozart and HTC 7 Pro (for Sprint) announced
- Google Nexus 7 now available in France, Germany, and Spain. Priced from €199
- Nokia N9 won’t be available in the UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, and many other countries
- O2, Movistar officially launching the GSM Palm Pre in Europe