Many years ago Nokia had a bright idea about the user desire to customize their mobile phone.
And they found a pretty easy way to do that – Xpress-on changeable covers for some Nokia phone models. The idea was a smashing hit for a while. I couldn’t pass any mobile accessory counter without seeing hundreds of these covers for sale.
But, like with all such things, exchangeable covers lost their novelty, and now vendors prefer to release the same phone model in multiple colors, instead of bothering with the range of new covers for it.
Well, it looks like Samsung decided to revive the idea, at least in Korea, with their new Samsung Haptic-PoP SCH-W750 touchscreen phone.
The new Haptic PoP touchscreen handset will come with 5 different battery covers in the box, and 11 more color schemes that could be bought in the shops. Each battery cover will have it’s own set of wallpapers, widgets and ringtones.
Specwise Samsung W750 Haptic PoP will have 3.2” touchscreen display, 3 megapixel camera, T-DMB receiver and microSD memory card slot.
You’ll be able to get Samsung Haptic PoP for $380 a pop
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Anycall haptic phone: 100,000 units sold, pink and white versions on the way
- Samsung Haptic 8M launched as Korea’s first 8MP camera phone
- Samsung channeled iPhone launch envy towards Anycall Haptic 2 launch event
- Nokia 7500 Prism shown off in China
- Samsung S5600 and S5230 affordable touchscreen handsets announced