Nautiz X5, another Windows Mobile rugged handset
Nautiz X5 – this is the name of the latest rugged PDA to come from Handheld Europe.
The X5 runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 and, according to Handheld, it has “more integrated features than any rugged product on the market.”
The new PDA can operate at extreme temperatures (-20 to +55 °C), it’s dust & sand resistant, and it supports multiple drops from heights up to 1.8 meters.
Furthermore, it comes with a powerful Marvell PXA320 Xscale 806MHz processor, plus an equally-powerful 4400 mAh battery.
Here are the rest of Nautiz X5’s specs:
- GSM/EDGE and UMTS/HSDPA connectivity
- 3.5 inch TFT touchscreen with 480 x 640 pixels
- SiRF star III GPS chip with InstantFix II
- Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR
- 3MP camera with autofocus and LED flash
- Integrated laser 1D barcode scanner
- 256MB RAM, 512MB Flash memory
- 160 x 80 x 35.5 mm (6.3 x 3.15 x 1.4 inches)
- 410 grams (14.46 oz) – rechargeable battery included
Nautiz X5 is showcased during CeBit 2009, in Hannover, Germany (March 3 – 8). Its price and release date are not known for the moment.
Via Handheld Europe (PDF file)