Toshiba TG01, probably one of the nicest Windows Mobile smartphones of 2009, will be exclusively launched in Germany by O2.
This way, O2 will offer an excellent alternative to the iPhone 3G, which can be bought by German customers only via T-Mobile. In fact, Toshiba’s handset outruns the iPhone in about all the departments, and it’s even thinner, being only 9.9 millimeters thick.
O2 Germany will sell the TG01 starting this summer (no exact release date was given), for a price that will be announced later this year.
As a reminder, the features of Toshiba TG01 include:
- 4.1 inch TFT touchscreen display with 480 x 800 pixels
- Quad-band GSM and HSDPA connectivity
- Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD2850 processor at 1 GHz
- 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM
- 3.2MP camera with autofocus
For a better look at it, you can check out our Toshiba TG01 video preview from MWC 2009.
Details about the availability of TG01 in other countries are currently missing, but the handset will probably be on sale across Europe in the next few months.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Toshiba TG02, TG03, K01, K02 and L01 leaked
- Toshiba TG01 to hit the UK on July 9
- Toshiba TG01 – a 4.1 inch WVGA touchscreen display and only 9.9mm thick
- Toshiba TG02 shows up at the Wi-Fi Alliance website
- Orange UK exclusively launches the Toshiba TG01, free on select plans