When we first heard about Research in Motion’s own app store, we thought it would be named BlackBerry Application Storefront. In fact, this was the name presented by RIM itself.
Apparently, the Canadian smartphone manufacturer changed its mind, as now we hear the app store is in fact officially called BlackBerry App World – and that’s actually a good name.
It looks like BlackBerry App World will go live in a couple of hours, at 10 PM Eastern Time, and it will be accessible at this address (for the moment, there’s nothing there, of course).
No details yet about the applications that RIM allows in its App World, but we’ll surely hear more about this pretty soon.
Via BlackBerry Cool
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Blackberry App World Now Live
- Opera Mobile Store launched for Android, BlackBerry, and pretty much any other platform
- Nokia World 2009 Scheduled Sept 2-3
- LG Application Store launched in Asia, only for Windows Mobile
- iPhone App Store Reaches 100,000 Apps