LG must feel really happy about its low cost LG Cookie KP500 touchscreen device, of which they have sold more than 1.3 mil in Europe since October 2008.
And they must feel really proud about their new “S-class” 3D User Interface too, for which they’ve spent more then 100 man years to develop.
So now they are bumping up Cookie’s specs, renaming it LG Cooky, adding 3D accelerator chip to handle the load and merging the two into another cheap’o touchscreen device:
Unfortunately, for now, the new LG Cooky (LG-SU910/KU9100/LU9100) will only be available in Korea for 590K Won (~300 EUR).
But when it gets to Europe, it might be worth the wait, since the new LG Cooky adds some important things that have been missing in the old one: 7.2 Mbs HSDPA connectivity, built-in accelerometer, T-DMB TV Tuner and TV-Out port.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 10 million LG Cookie phones sold
- #MWC09: Garmin Asus Nuvifone G60 hands-on review and video
- Pics of Blackberry Storm 2 Leaked
- HTC Desire S now available in the UK SIM-free for £409.99
- Samsung S5600 and S5230 affordable touchscreen handsets announced