Nokia 5730 XpressMusic QWERTY slider
Looks like Nokia 5730, 5330 XpressMusic and 5030 XpressRadio press pack, leaked a few hours ago was legit.
Nokia has indeed announced all 3 handsets mentioned there.
And now, with the official info out there, we can get down to business in telling you all the details about them.
Let’s start with Nokia 5730 XpressMusic.
This handset is the biggest and most high end one of today’s announcement. Nokia 5730 XpressMusic is a full fledged smartphone running on Symbian S60 OS. And it’s built on the same template as Nokia E75 QWERTY slider.
Official Nokia 5730 specs include:
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA 900/1900/2100, 3.6 Mbps HSDPA connectivity
- Symbian S60 3d edition, FP2 OS
- 2.4” QVGA (240×320 px) 16M color display
- 3.2 megapixel camera with flash
- secondary VGA camera
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Wi-Fi b/g
- FM stereo radio
- 128 MB SDRAM/256 NAND memory (up to 100MB internal user memory)
- microSDHC memory card slot (up 16GB), with 8GB card in a box
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Bluetooth version 2.0 (A2DP & AVRCP)
- Dimensions: 112x51x15.4mm
- Weight: 135g
- 1000 mAh battery with 5 hrs talk, 300hrs stand-by and 25hrs music playback time
Nokia 5730 XpressMusic is tightly integrated with Ovi contacts which allows to see your friends online and check out what music they are listening too.
The handset comes with easy access to other Ovi services, Nokia Music store, N-Gage and also has a good Facebook integration. All these apps/services can be reached directly through the optimized Xpress Music Homescreen.
Nokia 5730 looks like a really interesting device, with one exception. Camera. I can not understand why Nokia insists on putting the old 3.2 megapixel cameras that can only take relatively low res pictures and shoot crappy videos into their music/media phones? What’s so wrong about making a cool media device with good 5 megapixel camera?
But I digress.
Nokia 5730 XpressMusic will start shipping in Q3 2009 at a price of 280 EUR.
Here’s a hands-on video of the new Nokia 5730 XpressMusic handset:
And also the official press shots: