This certainly wasn’t what we were expecting to hear this morning, but we have just heard the news that in less than a week we will have a sneak peek of what will become iPhone 3.0.
No information on the OS is available at this point, but we are expecting to hear quite a bit about it at a March 17 press event, around 1 PM EST. We will also have a look at the newest version of the SDK, so undoubtedly it will be a great day for both iPhone lovers and developers.
We also expect a handful of rumors to come down the pipeline before this all goes down next Tuesday, so if we hear anything legit or even interesting we will be letting you know about it.
Don’t expect the OS to be ready to go on the 17th, however; we believe we’re just getting an advance look on what’s being included. We just hope we don’t have to wait too long (probably June or July, if Apple goes with the usual iPhone timeline).
Via Engadget Mobile
Update: Boy Genius is reporting that 3.0 will include MMS and tethering via Bluetooth and USB!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance will be a part of Three’s portfolio in the UK
- Sony Xperia Advance now available in the US, costs around $250 unlocked
- Samsung Advance A885 coming to Telus in Canada
- UK: Samsung Galaxy S Advance will also be sold by T-Mobile and O2
- New iPhone 4S / 5 may have a curved glass display