We knew the second-generation LG Rumor was coming to Sprint, and all we needed was an official announcement – which obviously came today.
The new phone is called LG Rumor2 and Sprint will sell it for $49.99, after a $50 mail-in rebate and the signing of a new 2-yr contract agreement.
Like the old Rumor, Rumor2 is a Sprint-exclusive device (in the US, at least).
The full QWERTY keyboard featured by Rumor2 has four key rows, thus it’s probably more user-friendly than the keyboard the original phone sports.
Here are the handset’s main specs:
- QVGA TFT display with 262K colors
- Sprint Navigation – for voice and on-screen, turn-by-turn driving directions
- Stereo Bluetooth
- MP3 player
- Sprint Mobile Email Work (including Microsoft Exchange Server and IBM Lotus Notes)
- 1.3 MP camera
- MicroSD card support, up to16GB
- Additional removable backplate
- Talk-time: up to 5.5 hours
- 4.4 x 2.1 x 0.7 inches
- 4.23 ounces
Starting March 15, LG Rumor2 will be available online, in Black Titanium. A second color version, namely Vibrant Blue, will be introduced on March 29.
The Rumor2 will also be on sale via all Sprint retail channels, but only starting April 19.
Source: Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- #CES 2010: Sprint intros stylish LG Lotus Elite, LG Rumor Touch
- IBM Lotus email on Nokia S60 smartphones, starting December
- LG announces DTV-capable LG Lotus for the US
- Sanyo SCP-2700 and LG Lotus in red announced by Sprint
- LG Rumor Reflex QWERTY phone announced for Sprint and Boost Mobile