If you’ve been waiting for a new MVNO to show up in the US, that time has almost come.
But why would you care about that? Well, because Zer01 plans to offer one of the cheapest unlimited data and voice plan in North America: only $69.95 per month. Moreover, for an extra of $10, you can also enjoy unlimited international calling to no less than 40 countries.
The plans require no contract agreement, but you will have to pay a $30 one-time activation fee.
The new MVNO said it uses a proprietary VoIP application for all its calls, that’s why it can offer such competitive prices.
Customers will be able to bring their own phones, or buy one from Zer01’s line-up, which currently includes only three HTC smartphones: Touch Diamond, Touch 3G and TyTN II (aka AT&T Tilt).
Part of the Unified Technologies Group, Zer01 Mobile is set to launch its services during CTIA 2009 (April 1-3, Las Vegas).
Via PC Mag
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile USA launches Even More and Even More Plus plans
- Orange working on a “VoIP option” (Skype?), may launch it in Q1 2010
- T-Mobile’s Full Monty is the UK’s first true ‘unlimited everything’ plan, available from February 1
- Nokia to become a MVNO in Japan, helped by NTT DoCoMo
- Sprint may offer the iPhone 5 with unlimited data plans, unlike Verizon and AT&T