The GCF (Global Certification Forum) has recently approved a new HTC handset, called XV6175. And, since the XV code is used by Verizon Wireless for its HTC smartphones, we can only conclude that the new handset will soon be introduced by the giant US carrier.
HTC XV6175 features quad-band GSM connectivity, thus it’s probably a smartphone with support for both GSM and CDMA bands (like the BlackBerry Storm 9530, for example).
This XV6175 could be one of the devices from HTC’s leaked 2009 line-up.
More exactly, it might be HTC Cedar, HTC Whitestone or HTC Twin (all of them are pictured below).
Of course, until Verizon announces the new handset, we can’t know for sure what’s with it, so let’s hope it will be officially unveiled soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- More details on HTC Whitestone, Firestone, Thoth and others
- HTC Whitestone to hit Verizon as XV6975, Touch Pro2 as XV6875
- Leaked: HTC Touch Pro 2 for Verizon, HTC Cedar for Alltel
- Verizon readying WM 6.5 HTC Imagio and Android HTC Predator for next month
- Upcoming HTC smartphones for 2009 leaked mercilessly