Motorola VE465 to be launched by Alltel and Telus
The VE465 is one of Moto’s new semi-rugged entry-level clamshells that we first saw a few months ago in some leaked images.
Meanwhile, the phone appeared on Motorola’s official website, but with no details about where it will be launched.
Now we’ve spotted the VE465 on Alltel’s website, hence the Verizon-owned carrier will probably start selling it pretty soon – although pricing details are not known for the moment.
Also, Mobile Syrup quotes an inside source from Motorola Canada, saying that the handset will soon land on Telus, the second largest Canadian CDMA carrier. Apparently, Telus will name the phone “Motorola VE465 Active Edition”.
The official specs of VE465 include:
- CDMA 800/1900/1700/2100 connectivity
- 1.9 inch TFT internal display with 176 x 220 pixels and 65k colors
- 1.05 inch CSTN external display with 96 x 80 pixels
- Brew OS
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Music player
- Video player
- MMS, SMS, Instant Messaging, E-mail
- 1.3MP camera
- USB 2.0
- MicroSD card support, up to 4GB
- Talk time: up to 4.5 hours
- Standby time: up to 12 days
- 1.8 x 3.9 x 0.7 inches
- 3.8 ounces
Motorola VE465 may not be as cool as the QA4 Evoke, but it should be a good choice for users who only need a simple and affordable flip phone.