If this newly-leaked Sprint roadmap is legit, the second largest North American CDMA carrier will have at least 10 new handsets to offer in the upcoming months.
First of all – as expected – it’s said the Palm Pre will be introduced in the second quarter of 2009, thus in April, May or June.
Unsurprisingly, the Pre is targeted at “high-end consumers and business users who need to stay connected to their office and who will benefit from fast EV-DO rev. A data speeds and a full functional device.”
Next, Q2 2009 should also bring the following devices to Sprint:
- Samsung Dash, featuring a 320 x 480 pixels touchscreen display, 5MP camera and EV-DO Rev. A connectivity. It’s presented as the ”second generation Instinct”
- HTC Cedar – a “low cost smart device” with WM 6.1, a QWERTY keyboard and EV-DO Rev. A connectivity
- Samsung Mini, which is obviously the Instinct Mini / Instinct S30. It should come for an affordable price
- Samsung Lucello (or Cello) – messaging phone with an alphanumeric keypad and a full QWERTY keyboard
- Sanyo 2700, a low-cost messaging device with a QWERTY keyboard
- LG LX-370 – a basic slider
In the third quarter of 2009, Sprint should release the following handsets:
- Samsung Chianti – QWERTY slider presented as a “green device” and targeted at “affluent female customers”
- Samsung Ace II – obviously replacing the first Samsung Ace. It has Windows Mobile 6.1, QVGA display, QWERTY keyboard, 3MP camera, EV-DO rev. A and GSM connectivity
- BlackBerry Niagara
- Kyocera-Sanyo 3810 – simple clamshell
There’s also the HTC Rhodium on Sprint’s roadmap. This is actually the HTC Touch Pro2 with EV-DO rev. A and HSDPA connectivity. It should be out in Q4 2009. What’s weird is that the Rhodium appears as running on “Windows 7.X”, although Windows Mobile 7 will only be launched in 2010.
Anyway, since for the moment we can’t confirm that all the above-mentioned devices will be indeed launched by Sprint, we can only wait for more official details to come up.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Instinct Mini, HTC Cedar, LG Rumor 2 and LG LX370 to hit Sprint
- Samsung SPH-M810 passes the FCC, could be Instinct Mini
- Samsung Instinct Mini / Instinct S30 in leaked images?
- Sprint’s Samsung Instinct S30 (Mini) is official
- Samsung InstinctQ M900 passes the FCC; Sprint release imminent?