Sony Ericsson Idou, the 12MP flagship handset from SE, has all the chances to become more popular than the Xperia X1 (and than many other full-touch phones for hat matter).
The Swedish-Japanese joint-venture plans to release the Idou sometime in the third quarter of 2009 (July, August or September), and there are probably many SE fans who can barely wait for this to happen.
Well, until Idou hits the shelves, we’ve got some pics with a working prototype unit that you might want to see.
Found over at MobilMania.sk, the hands-on material unveils a bit of what the upcoming Symbian OS will be.
Overall, Idou looks like one of the coolest SE handsets ever – but we already knew that. The smartphone may seem big, but it’s actually not bigger than the iPhone 3G (although it’s slightly thicker).
A hands-on video with Idou can be found here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia selling Symbian Professional Services to Accenture
- Sony Ericsson Idou release date rumors
- #MWC09: Sony Ericsson Idou, W995 Walkman, Play Now Movies and other services
- Verizon’s Nokia Lumia 928 (Laser) set to arrive in April with Xenon flash
- HTC Omega (with Windows Phone Mango) shows up in hands-on photos