You probably already know that Samsung i8910 Omnia HD will be released with Symbian S60 5th Edition on board and not with Windows Mobile (like the first Omnia – the i900).
A few days ago, some leaked info unveiled that we might see a Windows Mobile 6.5 Omnia HD as well, in addition to the Symbian one.
However, this will not happen after all.
Quoting some reliable sources from Korea, ms mobiles says that Samsung picked Symbian over WinMo for the Omnia HD because of Microsoft’s delay in launching Windows Mobile 6.5. Seems fair enough.
Another interesting fact is that Samsung wants to launch more handsets from the Omnia family and some of them will run on Android. Perhaps that Samsung Android smartphone that we recently saw will be Omnia-branded. We’ll see.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Omnia II to cost EUR 549, available in August; Omnia Pro – EUR 499, ships in July
- Samsung Omnia 7 to be among the first available WP7 handsets?
- Samsung Omnia II getting Windows Mobile 6.5.3 upgrade in May?
- Samsung Omnia 735 (Omnia Pro 4) launched in Germany, Windows Mobile still lives
- Samsung Omnia Pro B7330 now official; all Omnia phones to get WM 6.5