The MTV brand needs no introduction, so the fact that it’s successful even in the mobile industry may not be such a big surprise.
However, it’s definitely worth noting that MTV Mobile has topped 1 million subscribers in France since April 23 2008 (when it was launched via SFR – the second largest French carrier).
Moreover, helped by SFR, MTV sold more than 100,000 of its own-branded phones (including the MTV 3.4, released in November 2008) – mainly to young mobile users, of course.
(MTV 3.4, built by ModeLabs)
It’s said that a touchscreen MTV handset will be soon introduced in France, and this will probably attract even more customers.
MTV Mobile is also present in Italy, as a MVNO that uses TIM’s network, but, at the moment, there is no data about its subscriber base.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- ModeLabs MyWay Touch – simple, cheap touchscreen phone
- Versace luxury phones coming soon from ModeLabs
- Samsung S3650 Corby touchscreen phone to cost only €200
- ModeLabs to launch Lacoste phones in 2010
- Nokia Music Store might outrun Apple’s iTunes Store in Europe