We are loving what the rumor mill has been cranking out lately. The latest biggie may give American gadget junkies a reason to make the switch over to T-Mobile in just a couple months.
The HTC Touch Pro2, introduced to us last month at MWC, was shown off by a user at XDA Developers with a T-Mobile Branded ROM. Not sure how this person got their hands on it, but it appears genuine. This phone stacked with all the goodies is rumored for release in May.
We already knew the Pro2 was set for release in America but naturally assumed it would be found on AT&T’s network first, given that it featured some 3G frequencies normally reserved for AT&T. If released on T-Mobile first, it doesn’t necessarily mean AT&T is out of luck, but probably won’t get it for a while.
According to the source, here are some of the features we can expect from the Touch Pro2:
- 528 MHz processor
- Video Out!
- 480 x 800 resolution screen
- 512MB ROM and 288 MB RAM
- 3.1MP Camera with video record
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Maybe a secondary VGA camera for video calls (not likely with T-Mobile)
Word also has it that Windows Mobile 6.5 will be on the Touch Pro2.
More details to come as we get them!
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung SCH-W760 to offer infrared video calling
- HTC Touch Pro, Samsung Omnia and others confirmed for Verizon, pics leaked
- Mivvy intros three affordable dual SIM phones
- HTC Touch Pro2 officially announced by T-Mobile USA
- HTC Touch Diamond2 announced for India