Vodafone UK and Twitter announced they’ve singed a new and exclusive agreement that allows Vodafone users to send and receive Twitter messages via SMS, starting today.
According to the mobile operator, its UK customers can “receive text messages from people they choose to follow via SMS on Twitter and send text messages to a short code (86444) for their tweets, @replies, or to follow someone on the go.”
The service is available for free for the first few weeks – but Vodafone didn’t say how many weeks exactly.
Following the free period, users who want to keep using the service will have to integrate it into a bundle and, thus, pay for it. However, text message updates sent to phones from Twitter will not be charged.
Source: Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Vodafone UK starts offering Facebook SMS Service
- TigerText (for iPhone) to revolutionize the way we send and receive SMS
- O2 UK will offer free Twitter alerts via SMS
- Virgin Mobile’s “Texts into Space” service will send your texts into space
- #CES 2010: Bluetrek Concerto headset has Voice Email, Texting and Memo Functionality from Dial2Do