Samsung Instinct S30 and Samsung Mondi fully unveiled
Samsung Instinct S30 is, of course, a Sprint exclusive phone that will not be available outside the US.
According to the South Korean manufacturer, customers will be able to buy it starting April 19, in two color versions: Cobalt Metal and Touch of Copper.
The handset’s price will be similar to the one of the old Instinct – hence $129.99 with a 2-yr agreement and after a $100 mail-in rebate.
Samsung Instinct S30’s specs and features include:
- 3.2 inch TFT touchscreen display with 240 x 432 pixels and 262K colors
- Virtual QWERTY keypad
- GPS, Sprint Navigation
- Opera Mini 4.2
- Microsoft Live Search
- Visual Voicemail
- Stereo Bluetooth 2.0
- SMS voice and text messaging with threaded text
- Microsoft Outlook
- Sprint TV and Sprint Music Store
- 2MP camera
- “Guitar Hero – World Tour” and “Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader” games preloaded
- Talk-time: up to 4.6 hours
- 2.1 x 4.6 x 0.5 inches
- 3.9 ounces
You can pre-register for the Instinct S30 by visiting Sprint’s website.
Alongside the new S30 for Sprint, Samsung has also unveiled its first WiMAX-enabled tablet, the Samsung Mondi:
Touted as “the most advanced mobile WiMAX enabled handheld device in the US”, Samsung Mondi will be available for Clearwire’s mobile WiMAX service (branded as Clear) – although it’s not clear yet when this will happen.
Apart from WiMAX and Wi-Fi, Samsung Mondi also comes with
- Windows Mobile 6.1
- 4.3 inch touchscreen display
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- GPS with preloaded maps from Route 66
- Direct Push / Mobile Email
- Bluetooth 2.0
- Opera 9.5 browser
- Multiple Video and Audio Player formats support
- HDMI TV Out
- Instant Messaging, MMS
- 3.0 MP camera with video recording
- 4GB of internal memory
The price of Samsung Mondi was not announced.