When your country’s in recession and you need a new phone, you may consider buying a simple handset that’ll surely not cost much.
Such a handset is T-Mobile USA’s upcoming Nokia 1661.
The handset may not look stunning, but at least it comes with a speakerphone and a built-in flashlight.
Other features include:
- Dual band GSM connectivity
- 1.8 inch TFT display with 128 x 160 pixels
- FM radio
- Sudoku and Mobile Soccer games preinstalled
- Talk time: up to 8 hours
- Stand by time: up to 624 hours
Nokia didn’t say when exactly the 1661 will be available for purchase in the US, but it shouldn’t take long until this happens. In Europe, the phone’s retail price is of only €30 (about $40), so T-Mobile USA will probably offer it for free on contract.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia 103 introduced as the company’s cheapest phone ever: only €16
- Nokia 2220 Slide in new photos, should be released this quarter
- Nokia 2220 slide to be colorful, simple and cheap
- Dual SIM Nokia 110 and 112 offer Facebook access and free EA games on the cheap
- Nokia 6650 hits AT&T tomorrow, $69.99 on contract