Although Opera initially said it has no intention to announce a partnership with a US mobile carrier at CTIA 2009, the company did announce one in the end – not with a major carrier (like Verizon or AT&T), but with Virgin Mobile.
Following the agreement, the largest US MVNO will distribute the Opera Mini browser on several of its phones.
There will be eight Virgin Mobile handsets to get Opera Mini, starting April 14 (Samsung Slash, Virgin Mobile Arc, Virgin Mobile Shuttle and Virgin Mobile Super Slice are included).
Opera Mini will be available as a free download, via the VirginXL storefront. It will also be preinstalled on select upcoming Virgin phones.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Opera Mini coming to Verizon or AT&T phones?
- Opera to announce US carrier partnerships at CTIA 2009 (Update: No, not really)
- Opera Mini 6.1 and Opera Mobile 11.1 launched with auto-complete and auto-suggest features
- Virgin Mobile USA announces Samsung Slash
- Verizon brings Opera Mini to its feature phones